Fast readout, evaluation and archiving
The TachoStation 2.0 is a powerful companion for the regular reading of driver cards and tachographs. You simply transmit the current tachograph data from the DAKO SmartStick encrypted to the DAKO data centre via your own or a public TachoStation. Likewise, all driver card data is automatically read out and transmitted when inserted at the station. You can then view the data immediately in DAKO Fleet. This gives you a central point of contact for reading out and transferring all important data.
Electronic driving licence control
With an RFID tag attached to all the driving licences of your drivers, the TachoStation can save you valuable time. To do this, your drivers briefly place their driving license with the RFID tag on the TachoStation at regular intervals. This routine task is then completed and documented in compliance with the law.
The deadline management in DAKO Fleet reminds you and, if you wish, your drivers of their regular appointments, so that you have one less worry.
The TachoStation 2.0 offers your drivers a central base that is available to them for readout driving times around the clock. You never have to interrupt your work on the PC to read out driver card data or tachograph data. This not only saves working time but also gives you the freedom to have all data available without being distracted.
Simple handling without many explanations
Insert your card, wait for the signal for a short time, remove your card again. This is how simple the readout process of the driver cards or the DAKO SmartStick at the TachoStation 2.0 is. A complicated operation before, during or after the readout process is not necessary. Thus, faulty readout processes or time-consuming operating instructions are a thing of the past. The one-time registration of all your drivers in DAKO Fleet is sufficient to start.
TachoStation as a software-supported product is an e almost maintenance-free device. To ensure error-free functionality, it only requires maintenance employing an update that is required from time to time. You will receive this automatically with the Generation 2.0 of the TachoStation.
If you still have a concern about the functionality of the TachoStation, please contact our customer support staff via mail or phone. You will receive competent and solution-oriented advice and immediate support in solving the problem.
The TachoStation is extremely easy to maintain. Use the DAKO cleaning cloth to remove light soiling. In case of heavy soiling, wipe the station with a slightly moistened cloth only.
Do not use chemical cleaning products!
Readout and transfer driver card and tachograph data easily
Quickly and easily readout and transmit data and carry out regular driver’s license checks. The DAKO TachoStation does all three tasks, so you have to do almost nothing. Simply insert the card or DAKO SmartStick or hold your driving licence to the device.
Readout your driver card
- To read out your driver card, insert it into the opening provided for this purpose on the upper right-hand side of the TachoStation.
- Follow the interactive instructions on the touch display.
- The status light stops flashing and lights up permanently green when you can remove your driver card.
Reading out the DAKO SmartStick
- Insert the DAKO SmartStick into the opening provided on the TachoStation (lower right side).
- Registration with the TachoStation is automatic. Wait for the instructions on the display.
- Confirm the start of the data transfer manually on the display.
- The colour of the light-emitting diode (LED) on the SmartStick informs you about the status during the upload process at TachoStation. Do not remove the SmartStick from the TachoStation until the LED lights up permanently green.
- The data containers on the SmartStick are automatically deleted after successful transfer in DAKO Fleet. You do not need to do anything else. Data that has not been completely transferred (see display on the TachoStation) remains safely stored on the SmartStick. In this case, contact our customer support.
Driving licence check
- To check your driving licence regularly, please hold your driving licence with the RFID label against the designated symbol on the front of the TachoStation.
- Follow the interactive instructions on the touch display.
- The status light stops flashing and lights up permanently green when you can remove your driving licence.
To be able to use the TachoStation for readout, you need a user account in DAKO Fleet. If you do not yet have an account in DAKO Fleet, you can choose to register.
DAKO Fleet supports you in managing your fleet in compliance with the law, organising it more efficiently with telematics functions and making it more sustainable through cost savings.
For more information, please visit https://www.dako.de/en/products/dako-fleet/.
In addition to the fixed costs, which you can find in the product overview, there are further costs for the TachoStation:
Annual licence and maintenance costs of €100. This includes:
- Software updates to the current release status
- Device repairs incl. replacement of components free of charge, provided the damage has not been caused by improper handling or use
- Provision of a replacement device with comparable functionality as the defective device, in exchange for the device in need of repair or replacement within 4 working days related to the date of receipt at DAKO, if a repair is not possible within this period of time.
- The hotline is available for an unlimited period of time at the respective fixed or mobile network tariff within the usual office hours at DAKO.
- Travel costs and similar expenses for on-site operations are not part of the scope of services and will be charged separately.
In order to use the TachoStation in this version for readout, you need a user account in DAKO Fleet. Please note that this will involve additional costs.
If you have any questions, please contact our support at: +49 (0) 3641 22778 700